jueves, junio 16, 2005

Une Semaine sans Men

A week without men ... hmmm ....

What a week it's been! Just when I'm getting oriented and BAM; another week has flown by. What's funny is that I've done very little.

I spent last weekend with the ladies in Wimberley at Sarah's house on the Blanco river. While I am not a fan of the wilderness, I am a fan of twice-daily bubble baths and reading into the very scenic horizon. It also helps that we don't need a DeSiGnAtEd dRiVeR, as there is nowhere to drive. I revisited, briefly, the world of fiction. Nice, but not for me. Shabbat was pleasant, and the people was great.

Dominique managed to break the peace, however, when Sophie requested omelets sans yolks. As the self-appointed chef, Dominique felt that she should be able to cook any way she wanted, despite the polite requests of others. What a tyrant! ;)

I returned home to the city to prepare for Shauvot, which began at sunset on Sunday. It was peaceful. I went to shul on Monday morn, made kiddush chez Sarah P., and then made it to Erin's going-away party. The second day was much more enjoyable. No shul. I just slept, and read, and slept, and ate, and slept, and prayed, and read.

So, yesterday, it was back to work ... grrr. I am glad that tomorrow is Friday. I will cook and clean in my pajamas, mais c'est tout. All in all, it's been a relatively drama-free week. I suppose we all have moments like this. No men, no sex, no calls. Whom do you do?

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

hey chris... suck my yoke, fucker.