
I did it; I made the change. This past week, I moved from my apartment in Washington Heights to a co-op in Morningside Heights. It’s really exciting! I am no longer as scared to walk alone in my hood. The (huge) kitchen is kosher, as the Bayit is a Jewish co-op. I’ll have help with Shabbat preparations every week. This new place is within walking distance of my school.
In order to make the move, I needed help of the two men to whom I the closest in NYC: Daniel and Jared. I know; I know. What good can come from having the ex and the current boyfriend lending me more than a hand? At first, it was a bit awkward. How can we forget that Jared wanted to rekindle our relationship less than two weeks after I met Daniel? Both men have been around during my NYC blues. They’ve kept me from getting too lonely for too long.
I’ll have to admit that, after a while, the whole situation became a little too cozy for the two of them. All I’ll say is that they eventually made jokes about that fact that I had been intimate with both of them. Surprised? Men acting inappropriately? Waaahhh? Maybe movers would have been cheaper than the emotional price I paid. The silver lining? I was moved efficiently. They could have fought; they didn’t. I guess that it’s hard to bitch. Let’s be honest: whom else do I have here?
In the end, I’m out of that hell-hole on 189th and ready to make some memories on the 112th. What news could be better than the advent of my moving on from Upper Upper Upper Manhattan? I’ll tell you: After Shabbat, Daniel and I bought our tickets to Austin for Mary-Michael’s birthday!!! I will not have been home since I left over six months ago. I couldn’t be happier unless I were there today.
Slowly, oh so slowly, I’m surfacing on the tiny island of Manhattan.

1 comentario:
Hey Chris! So good to hear about your move and your trip to Austin. When will you be here? We should hang out. For reals. You'll have to send me your new address. Have fun getting settled in.
Publicar un comentario