martes, febrero 01, 2005

Age of Aquarius

A man with thinning hair always keeps me in my place. It serves as a reminder to all people, men and women, of an eternal truth that is so often forgotten today. Human weakness, I have observed, is a taboo for too many, especially for American males, many of whom I have dated, younger and middle-aged.

In addition to weakness, the hair example also recalls the shortcomings to which all are subjected, lest we think ourselves invincible. I know too many people who act as though they’ll live forever. These people could benefit from the reality check brought about at the stark sight of scalp.

Personally, I find it quite sexy, for many reasons. I believe that the attraction to thinning hair goes far beyond the air of maturity and experience that would seem to accompany such a trait. In all honesty, I find it most refreshing that men with thinning hair are reminded on a daily basis of the limited capacity that they own. This is one less thing that I will have to mention to him who acts as though he had a full head of hair. The mirror does the work.

Some might feel that I find thinning hair appealing because it makes me feel better about myself while other men have something about which to feel insecure. This proposal makes sense, but it forgets the entirety of the complex “logic” of those who continue to be attracted to men. Such a task is not as simple as it seems, for common sense (should) dictate(s) to most people that “liking” men is not the wisest endeavor; still, we persist. Dating men is neither a task that can be ameliorated by choosing men with flaws. I cannot deny that we are all aware when a man has thinning hair. How each man chooses to deal with it, however, is up to him.

In short, a man’s flaw is one more dose of reality for him. It is truly one more voice for the frail side of masculinity. It is one less voice he will have to hear from his partner, and, for that, he should be most grateful.

No hay comentarios: