miércoles, marzo 30, 2005

The Hedonistic Hebrew

I have done well to ignore all contact from Marc. He has proved to me to be a complete pig who disregards other people with the same frequency that he exhales. To add to the problem, however, I have been ignored by the winner that I saw out a few weeks ago.

In the first week after the man from my Hebrew class admitted that he liked me, he stopped calling and I received a classy "Dear John" e-mail. When did e-mail become a legitimate medium through which to DUMP someone?!? He says that he's afraid I'll break his heart since I'll be moving this summer for graduate school in NYC (I found out today that I was, in fact, accepted!!!). “I’m too perfect,” he claims. Give me a f***in' break!

I gave myself a week over which to reflect and calm the fuck down. Then, I e-mailed telling him how much we needed to act young and love recklessly. He was impressed, called me, and made a date for the very next night. True to the male form, the date never happened. I was so humiliated! We had even made Purim plans that he broke, too. Grrr ...

Now, I must spend the rest of the semester in class with him, acting as if nothing has happened, restraining myself from the ever-present inclination to set him on fire! I will cite this *winner* the next time someone inquires as to why I happen to be dating a Gentile man instead of a nice Jewish boy.