The move to New York is becoming more and more imminent. I can't wait! Ravit flew down to Texas on Thursday so that we can drive up together in two weeks. I am so excited to be making this change!
Of course, a change like this means that a lot will come to an end. Hopefully not friendships, but certainly most of the men in my life will become obsolete. Such is the case with David the Irishman. He flew into town on Monday, which began his last trip to Austin before my move.
In these days that I spent with David, he did something that he has not done since our tryst began in April. He became so thoroughly romantic. The nostalgia had set in a bit too soon. I just couldn't go over Monday (à cause de Mark), but he tried to get me over, even if only to sleep and not screw.
I went over on Tuesday, but I didn't stay the night. By Wednesday, he was ready to have me all night. I spent the night and went to work very early on Thursday. It was largely a pleasant experience of going through the motions, like many a dwindling relationship. We really had nothing emotional between us. These last few months were clearly about sex. So, why the hard time?
New York City is all about a new start for me; a start that involves a nice, unattached, emotionally-available Jewish boy with a fabulous family and enough education for a lifetime of understanding and fun. Perhaps David will miss me; I'll miss him. But we have come to that bridge. It's time for both of us to cross it. I just hope that what we had together never makes it across the Brooklyn Bridge, or, for that matter, any other bridge into Manhattan.
domingo, julio 17, 2005
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

1 comentario:
I wish we could have hung out more. It was fun in Dr. Miller's class though! Have fun in NY!
Publicar un comentario