Wow. So much has happened. I actually made in it to NYC. I drove cross-country with Ravit, which was probably the easiest part of the move. I wandered around for three whole weeks from friend to friend, park to park, bench to bench until I actually found an apartment to rent.
I’m not sure how I feel about being here. As a tourist, this city rocks. If youse at a financial advantage of sorts, then NYC is a playground. I am, however, a poor student banished to Upper Manhattan, and I feel a bit isolated, not unlike the suburbanites whose lifestyles I have come to loathe. On the upside, I live in a kosher apartment surrounded by Yeshiva boys (how ironic, no?). Who to do?
To be honest, I have met a few boys that have piqued something, if not my genuine interest. They’re all appealing, although only one of them is actually Jewish. I’m still adjusting. I am mindful, however, that I could have just as easily hooked up with non-Jews in the TEXAS.
So yeah, school’s boring. I’m giving New York a chance, and I’m meeting some fabulous people in the interim. I’ve met Tim Curry; I’ve seen Blondie live-in-concert for free; I’ve conversed with Harvey who’s playing “Tevye” in Broadway’s latest rendition of “Fiddler on the Roof.” I will adapt, heaven permitting.
domingo, septiembre 04, 2005
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario