The holidays are coming. I decided that, despite my recent break-up, I could still enjoy each Shabbat and all the Jewishness to come this month. My roomies are all gone, so it’s been a bit lonely. This week, I dragged myself to the grocery store to do some Kosmo Kosher shopping on the Upper West Side. There’s nothing from which I’m suffering that food cannot heal.
In my quest for the appropriate cuisine, I bumped into a nice Jewish boy. Everything seemed to be in order. He’s cute, well-educated, in his 30s. I was totally okay with the fact that he’s not religious at all. He’s leaving to Europe on Rosh Ha-Shanah.
We had dinner, where I discovered the catch. He races cars. What?!? He leaves the country many times a year to do so. He also doesn’t like to share space, which explains the gap in his relationship résumé.
So, I’ve deduced: He likes sex. What a nice package for something so undesirable! On the upside, he is an easy guy with whom to converse. I didn’t even attempt, however, to venture into the realm of things sexual with him. I just couldn’t bear any more disappointments that night.
Am I a snob? Are my standards too high? I like nerds and other mousey types, too. I’m also into guys who weigh more than I do (I love to be the thinner one). I just refuse to believe that I’m trying too hard. He found me wandering through the store, looking cute and apparently available.
So here’s to a good year with less of this and more ... fun. Just fun.
domingo, octubre 02, 2005
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario