These holidays have been crazy. I can't complain; I have it much better than most of my peers. I have the good fortunate of attending a Jew Skoo, which gives us this madness off so’s we can be home. Alas, I’m in NYC and not with the mishpacha.
I think that it took meeting this latest (and bestest) bachur to get a satisfactory answer to my question of "newness." I was not expecting to find a guy in the holiday frenzy, but I have.
Perhaps we value "newness" so highly because it represents hope. "Newness" provides yet another chance to improve and, ever constantly, to ameliorate our conditions. We all think to ourselves, "Is this the year?" "Newness" allows for the possibility that it is.
Maybe it’s just me.
So, ... the bachur. He’s fabulous in every sense of the word. Daniel’s perfect on paper and in person. I really think that I have lucked out. He feels so familiar to me, his voice, his countenance. It may be too early to admit, but he feels like home.
I’m really liking this new year. This could just be the one.
lunes, octubre 17, 2005
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario