domingo, noviembre 13, 2005

Gulp

My boyfriend pretends that I have a drinking problem. In whatever sincerity his “worries” may be rooted, I feel that he’s a bit uninformed. He hardly ever drinks. I have never seen him take more than one drink, and that’s only happened three times since we started dating.

His parents (a WHOLE other story) forbid him from taking alcohol his entire life. My suspicions are that he hid any inclination to experiment with alcohol as cautiously as he hid his homosexuality. For example, he went home a few weeks ago for a wedding and claims that he did not have one drink because his parents were also in attendance. I have a hunch that if he knew more about drinking, he wouldn’t be so averse to it.

So, I drink on Shabbat (at home) and then on Saturday nights when we usually go out to bars and/or parties. I hardly ever have a drink on weekdays. I have yet to miss an appointment or class because I was too drunk. I have not thrown up or tee-teed on him, at least, not yet.

Besides, if this were a real issue, one that he feared and felt needed to change, he would come to me and express his sentiments. I have a feeling that he’s discussing it with everyone except me. Leave it to men to be effective communicators.

It’s okay, though. We still adore each other. (It’s a well known fact that alcohol makes it much easier to adore the man you're with.)

No hay comentarios: