lunes, noviembre 28, 2005

Here we are again ...

The holiday season is upon us once again. On this Monday morning after Thanksgiving, my Talmud professor mentioned Chanukha’s imminence. This weekend, Daniel and I finally touched on the topic of seeing in the New Year in the City.

One of today’s headlines reads “Cyber Monday Marks Online Shopping Season.” I’m a bit resentful; in twenty years, I don’t want to tell young people that I remember the year in which that term was first used. I can just hear myself, “I was in graduate school, yes I was, when them there journalists invented ‘Cyber Monday.’” For some, the creation of new concepts is exciting. I dread the existence of anything that will expose the age of my generation.

My cousin was here for Thanksgiving weekend. It was nice, of course. She hung out with me and Daniel, who arrived home on Shabbos afternoon from his family’s. We did lots of NYC tourist stuff. She just left to the airport. I am now responsible for two term papers. Nooooo!!!!

Daniel and I still appear happy. There are few, if any, conflicts between us. Like any happy couple, we put up with each other. I continue to miss him every second that he’s away from me.

I’m still here. I’ve heard that it can take up to two years before some people consider New York City home. For some, it never happens. What if I’m one of those people? I feel so displaced! If it weren’t for school and Daniel, I’d be miserable. Thank heaven for small miracles.

No hay comentarios: