jueves, noviembre 10, 2005

When it rains ...

I am relieved. I was prepared never to deal with exes, at least not soon after our break-up. I wanted a fresh start with fresh luck after the holidays. I met Daniel, rather auspiciously, during the yamim tovim (lit. “the good days”), that is between, Rosh ha-Shanah and Yom Kippur.

I have avoided the subject of Jared until now. He left me for crappy reasons at a time when I needed a friend. Neither he nor I know many people in NYC. It’s been quite lonely for both of us. Then, with the fabulous timing that men have, he called not two weeks after I met Daniel. He apologized profusely and wants to give us another chance.

Despite his claims to have made some thorough changes, I was largely unimpressed. Compared to Daniel, Jared pales. It’s harsh; I know. I received the satisfaction AND realized that what I’ve found in Daniel is oh-so rare

Jared suggested that we be friends, to which I agreed. I missed him. I can’t deny, however, that I am much happier with the current man! I am now relieved because it appears that Jared has found a guy right up his alley. He’s seeing another Starbucks worker. I couldn’t be happier!

It’s just like Jared said to me when we broke up initially: “It’s all for the best.” I couldn’t agree more.

1 comentario:

UltimateWriter dijo...

Yeah, Jared can go eat burnt toast on his front porch for all you care. You needs to move on.

--
In your vast (wink wink) spare time Feel free to Chekkout the UltimateWriter.com Blog @ http://ultimatewriter.blogspot.com