lunes, diciembre 26, 2005

Chanukka Sameach!!!

Happy Hanukkah from the New York! The holiday began last night. For Daniel and me, it was largely uneventful. I made a call home, and I spoke with my mother and sister. Among the gifts exchanged to my baby were two Sesame Street dolls that one of my mother's crazy co-workers presented to Mary-Michael. My mother overheard my sister talking as she played with them. Apparently, she thinks (or is pretending) that I am Ernie with his spiky hair. They all thought it was cute.

Okay, so this isn't ideally where I'd like to be celebrating the festival of lights. I miss my family immensely. This is my first Chanukka away from home. It shouldn't surprise anyone that I am still not completely comfortable with the New York. I still believe that it is the most incovenient city in the world. I wish that I could get over the filth or the abounding mediocrity. Daniel is so patient with me. He knows how I feel. He fears that I'll just pick up and go home. If only it were that easy.

Above is a picture of the "largest menorah in Texas." It's the Chabad menorah at the student union on the campus of the University of Texas in my hometown!!! Every year of college was especially bright during Chanukka. Ahhh, memories.

After lighting our menorahs, Daniel and I continued our Sex & the City marathon. He really digs it. We've spent a very "low-profile" few weeks. I'm trying desperately to be as comfortable as possible. For me, that means as much horizontal time as possible.

We received a package from my cousin Crystal, who visited over Thanksgiving. She sent us three coloring books. She learned that Daniel and I often color in bed. It's comforting. I've been thinking that I made a mistake in thinking that I missed my entire family. Sure, most of my family's in Texas. One part of it, however, is here in New York. I shouldn't forget, as I so often do, the newest member of my world. Posted by Picasa

No hay comentarios: