I’m on the precipice between fall and winter, and it has remained colder than I ever thought it could. We haven’t left the 20s in almost a week. I’m also still very restless in the New York. I miss the hills of Central Texas. I miss the affordable night life. I miss my family.Daniel and I are doing better. In some ways, I think that it’s easier for him not to deal with issues unless they’re staring him in the face, true to male and WASP form. Our winter social calendar is staring to fill up. I’m relieved to have something to do, even if I won’t completely enjoy the company. I’m not sure that all of Daniel’s friends fancy me. Some do; others in my opinion, liked Daniel single. I suppose that he was more accessible that way. Nonetheless, it’s better to be busier at this time of year.
Finals!!! I cannot believe that I am just about to wrap up my first semester of graduate school. I feel older than I’ve ever been. That’s not good. I have so much work in so little time. I’m proud, and I’m ready for a break.
Oh … yes. Probably this week’s best news … I will be moving out of the hell-hole, known by so many New Yorkers as the “Crackhouse.” I got accepted to the Bayit, a Columbia co-op of Jewish students with a kosher kitchen. I stayed there for Rosh Ha-Shanah with Sarah Ponichtera. It’s about three doors down from that famous Seinfeld diner. Suzanne Vega also wrote her smash hit, “Tom’s Diner,” about what she saw and heard from its windows. I am thrilled!!! Finally, a normal neighborhood!
Oh … one more thing. If you want to send me an inexpensive love gift for the holidays, I really need cute hats (hanging fuzz balls are fun) and scarves. Pink, brown, violet, and gray are my colors du jour. I’m a cold enchilada.

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario