lunes, enero 16, 2006

Don't Look Now!!!

Lately, not much has been happening. Rather, not much fun and good has occurred. I have created a new sport, however, of dodging all of my many obligations. It’s just that there’s always something making like in the City a little more inconvenient than it has to be. Since Ben and Irit left, I’ve had a cold, little mone, and stomach pains.

With so much to hide from, it’s easy to forget timely events that creep up in the night. Today, I was reminded, is my three-month anniversary with the Daniel. I know; it’s a bit high school to count by months. But, when you’re a gay man in New York, it’s just practical. In a city where men come and go like hair styles, I think that it’s safe to count my months, one by one.

Daniel and I are still getting to know each other. Slowly, we’re becoming more and more comfortable. Meeting his parents went well, I think. Aside from being more than polite to me, they have not mentioned so much as a word to their son (or to anyone else) about his new boyfriend. We’re a little concerned. Perhaps, we shouldn’t worry. Daniel has assured me that his family talks about very little. It’s the way of the WASP, he's assured me.

And when did I miss the memo that re-criminalized pre-marital sex?!? Apparently, his parents do not approve of sex before marriage (it's probably just his mother). What an archaic little world! And here I was thinking that this rule was promoted only by men who were too afraid to show off their less-than-desirable penises before the bride had pledged her eternal vows to the schmuck.

For the record, this prohibition can be found nowhere in the Hebrew or Christian Bible. I have every reason to believe that concealing body parts and sexual quirks only adds to the stress and eventual dissolution of marriages. It’s simple; you must look before you buy. They should teach that in business schools to all the future white-collar criminals of America.

It’s amazing that, with all these games and with all there is to hide, I have managed to find someone decent. I thought that the hard part was getting someone. At times, it seems that making it all work is harder. Then, I realize that it’s just twice the fun. Dominique is always saying, “You’ll find a man when you’re not looking for him.” Who wants to hear that? Meanwhile, not looking, I haven’t only found a man; I’ve found a relationship. Posted by Picasa

No hay comentarios: