lunes, marzo 27, 2006

Move Over, Manic Monday!

Lethargy has become 2006’s new word. It abounds. For this reason, I am writing on a Monday morning. Instead of school, work, laundry, or even making breakfast, I have decided to stay in bed for no reason except pure lethargy. I hurriedly wished Daniel a good day this morning, hoping that he would quickly allow me to return to sleeping in a room where no one could judge.

One shouldn’t be surprised to learn, then, that my relationship with Daniel is too experiencing not a low point, but a slow point. In just under six months, we’ve gone from kissing to kveching. I’m not upset; it just seems a bit too quick. The timeframe seems about right, but man, how time flies.

Last week, I ordered the latest book from one of my most favorite thinkers. I received it Friday afternoon wondering when the hell I would ever read it. I’m so behind with everything because of this semester-long case of lethargy. You can imagine I was so grateful when two of our Shabbos guests asked Daniel to play Scrabble. Small miracles.

Soon, I’ll have to lift my ass from this queen-sized, pillow-top bed and work. I recently landed a job at Café Nana inside of the Columbia/Barnard Hillel. I don’t think that I would have ever considered waiting tables if I had received at least one, if not all, of the paychecks that I am owed as a teacher at the hospital. Drama.

Okay, back to the pillow, my only true friend. At the start of this week, as New Yorkers scatter through the City, shedding their weekend shells, I will roll over with my new book and the soundtrack to Garden State (still very popular), and I will pretend that Monday just doesn’t matter.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

How does one overcome lethargy?

Is there anything I can do to help?

Love,

Daniel