martes, mayo 09, 2006

Unstable Markets

I get excited when I walk into the grocery store and see avocados on sale. They're usually just so expensive. As I walk over thrilled at the deal, I plan the huge guacamole that I'll make. I'll share it because it will have been so cheap. I reach out to touch the inexpensive goodness when I realize that they is soft!!! They're no good!!! What the fuck?!? But, they looked so nice. I'm trying here to draw a parallel between produce that seems like a good deal and men wth whom to deal. Surprised?

It doesn't matter how many men are coming and going, they still manage to make me crazy! All of them do, no matter in which time zone I find myself. Grrrr...

We're towards the end of the Counting of the Omer, a season in Jewish time that occurs between Passover and Pentecost. It's traditionally a period of mourning where shaving, weddings, and live music are prohibitted. I would give anything for a haircut!!! I look like a woooolf from 1987. The end is near; it's next Monday, in fact.

This last week, coincidently, I've been doing my own intense mourning. Not only have final papers contributed to this morose mood, but my boyfriend (!!!) played a huge part. After a week of unprecedented separation, we're back to "making it work." The whole repairing relationship process requires so much, especially in the way of compromising. We're never sure how much of ourselves to give up. After six months, who knows?

I've done this a million times. Am I not getting better at it? Daniel hasn't. Is it him, then? Do we ever learn? Sometimes Daniel makes me feel that I'm no more experienced than he is. But, I have done this a million times. You can never be sure. Just when you think you've got a good deal, BAM!!! He just ain't ripe.

4 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Why are you publically critical about people you love? An unripe avocado? Sticking someone in a paper bag won't make things get any better.

You speak of repairing things, this isn't a way to do it.

HRH dijo...

We are all critical about people we love. It's a sign that we care. There's no paper bag here, only my honest feelings that will not be censored.

My approach is honesty and directness. Being honest and eloquent is the way I express my feelings. You seem to have a problem with what I'm feeling, saying, and how I choose to express it. You will not change how I feel or how I express. I feel; I write. I won't be censored.

If you don’t like the blog, don’t read it. If you don’t like my approach, don’t date me.

HRH dijo...

OH!

P.S. "Anonymous," learn to punctuate corectly before you criticize me.

Anónimo dijo...

Punctuation? LOL - this is the internet... not a newspaper or a journal, who cares about punctuation? WoUlD.yOu.PrEfEr.I.WrITe.LiKe.THIS? 0r h0w 1$ 7h1$? 1 b37 ¥0µ £1|{3 7h1$ 7h3 b3$73$7!

As for paper bags, that's how you make avocado's ripen faster.

Being honest and direct is a good thing, but you're taking a private relationship and airing the dirty laundry for all to see. That's the issue. How you feel is your own business. When it involves other people and you express it in a manner that is publically embarrasing and frankly cruel, it is another story entirely.

I wasn't suggesting cenorship, just being aware of your audience. To put in perspective, let me explain my harsh reaction to your writing, if my boyfriend wrote something like this...
1) He wouldn't be my boyfriend anymore, let alone a friend.
2) He wouldn't believe how angry I would get because he didn't have the decency to leave my life private and discuss our problems with me directly rather than to leave them for our mutual friends and the world to mull upon.

Do you know how your boyfriend feels about this? Not what he just says, but his honest heartfelt reaction? If he truly doesn't mind this, well I guess you're both a bit crazier than I thought.

Reading things one doesn't like / doesn't agree with is good for the soul. It makes you think. Turn off commenting if you're scared of other people's opinions.

As for dating you... Newsflash: we are not on the playground anymore. Shoving your face in the dirt is putting you where belong, not flirting.