My leftist and European sensibilities compel me to recognize the goodness that is May Day. Today's holiday couldn’t be more appropriate at the end of my American semester. The research and papers are inundating, like every May that I have known since elementary school. Exciting times!!! Because I don’t have enough to work on, my relationship with Daniel is under more pressure than usual. For brevity’s sake, he needs constant reassurances that I love him. I maintain that I am finished assuaging his insecurities beyond what I already do daily. I know that it sounds harsh, but I can’t set a horrible precedent now. He has known from the beginning my thoughts on male insecurity. It is, at best, pathetic and unattractive.
We’ve never been here before. I don’t like this. He always gripes about financial responsibility and how he’s responsible for no one save himself. Not even one’s parents, he regularly affirms, should help to support their adult children. He could go on all day with his I’ve-never-had-a-job anthem of feigned independence. (I sound angry; I know. Humor me.) I find it difficult, then, to understand why he can’t uphold a similar form of responsiblity. He’s afraid that I’m going to run away with the next gay, tall, dark, and brilliant Jewish-Italian that I meet. Like they’re so plentiful!
Of all the complaints that I have regarding men, inconsistency is one of the most bothersome. I feel that if you’re going to visit the soapbox so regularly, you should have to sleep there. For an atheistic skeptic of religion, he sure preaches a litany of moral maxims that never ends. In addition, he expects others to follow his sober, sexless sect. He passes off his inexperience as divine revelation. He criticizes and laments the errors of the non-subscribing heathens who fall short of the Danielist creed.
If he would just lay off the superiority complex triggered by insecurity, we could get on to having a normal relationship. Besides, where do I go if I leave the cult of Daniel? Am I relegated once more to the Church of Singletology, NYC Chapter? What ever happened to the separation of church and angry men? I know; the Republicans welded those two tightly together.

1 comentario:
Publicar un comentario