lunes, octubre 09, 2006

Get Him in Writing

Forty-nine hours of chag are enough to make anyone crazy. The first two days of Sukkot were nice, but the cabin fever definitely began to setting in. No matter how much "rest" we got, it wasn't enough come Monday morning. I rolled into work two hours later than I had planned! Once at work, all I could think of was the amount of laundry, cleaning, etc. that needs to be done.

The sixth floor of my building has recently been afflicted with a plague of gnats. They fly around in their infernal costumes of black and red uncontrollably invading our controlled climate. No, I haven't abandoned my air conditioner yet. It gets cold for a day or two, and then it's right back up to almost 80 degrees.

Daniel, the resident death penalty-supporting, carnivorous bug killer, hasn't stopped swatting at the gnats, hoping for a carcass at hand. I eventually felt the need to interject some sense into his game.

"Murderer, you're a bug murderer!" I yelled.

"It's not murder; they don't have nervous systems," he barked.

"Oh yeah, well, these are gateway bugs!" I wisely suggested. Hopefully, his destructive tendencies end here before they too become uncontrollable.

Daniel truly is an oddball of a boyfriend, right sweetie? (Of course he reads this. Religiously even.) When he's not conspiring against insects, he's monitoring my mail. Recently, an old boyfriend contacted me via MySpace. We lost touch about seven years. I mentioned to D that how special he once was, you know, in 1997. I think the news disoriented him.

"Tell him that your boyfriend says 'hi,'" he yelled from across the room. I smiled, knowing that homeboy in Texas had also settled down with another guy. "See, he's the first guy you were with, and I'm the last."

"Am I dying soon or something?" I replied. I'm glad that someone's now able to predict my sexual future. I have never been so talented despite all efforts.

Boyfriends are complex creatures. I suggest doing all your homework before acquiring one. AND, don't skip out on that warranty. You never know when you'll have to bring him back to work out all the bugs.

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

You make me sound like a heathen! Or worse yet, a Republican!

All I'm saying is: anything that has more than four legs or molests children needs to die.

HRH dijo...

"Needs to die?" I dunno. I agree that pedophiles should die. I don't, however, support state-sanction murder. The death penalty might be a nice idea for some, but it just doesn't work.

If the state put to death everyone whom I believe should die, who would repopulate the Southeast?

Anónimo dijo...

Hopefully fabulously dressed gays and liberals, honey....duh!