I’m nuts. I just spent much of my evening gazing into the fridge. Not so weird? I dunno. As I came across each box, jar, carton, bag, I thought: I wonder how much I could get for this half-used … jar of mayonnaise. It was almost three dollars at the Fairway, so a buck-fifty? No, who would pay that much? Maybe seventy-five cents?
In addition to being poor, I am also getting ready for Passover. Believe it or not; this is by far the weirdest Jewish holiday. It’s also my least favorite. I was pricing all of the food that is not Kosher-for-Passover so that I could sell it for eight days to a non-Jew. I’m not even allowed to own the food prohibited during the holiday. Instead of tossing it all into the garbage, I’m tagging it for a garage sale.
In a way, I’m happy that Passover’s here. I’ll be visiting home soon. It means two weeks of no school. With eating, there’s always drinking! Pesach also means extreme holiday weight-loss. Grrr. Honestly, it’s holiday of matzah and meat. Grrr. This vegetarian will starve, but I’ll look fabulous for the rest of the spring. Hooray for seasonal silver linings!
I’m really upset, however, that Daniel wasn’t here to help me. This is a lot of work. He’s been very busy lately. I don’t know. Whatever. It’s almost okay that he’s out and about. I’m already under so much holiday pressure. Having the boyfriend around too often is like shaking the seltzer bottle: something’s bound to explode.

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario