Living in New York, I’ve never in my life been closer to Madonna, especially living on the wEssSiDe! It took leaving the City, however, for us to get close. We’ve spoken twice since I arrived in Austin for the last part of Passover.At first, Maddy spoke only of her children. Her schedule, she claims, is worked completely around their needs. This includes time-consuming endeavors like her tours. I admit; I was impressed. When I tried to change the subject, she asked only of me. I couldn’t believe it. I needed more info; I wanted it. (I’m like that with most people. My life’s old news to me. I need to hear something new about someone else.) Naturally, we ended the conversation talking about Rocco and Lola.
Madonna seemed much more relaxed the second time around. We spoke about our respective pasts, bad habits, old lovers, etc. I felt so privileged! This time, however, I was persuaded to divulge more about myself. Daniel intrigued her; my work at was something that she really admired. I couldn’t believe how interesting, how exotic I must have seemed to her! I was proud.Our Lady, much like me, exudes confidence; there’s no doubt about it. Inside, the vulnerability is clearly unshakeable. The world is scary; people are cruel. I was struck by how nomadic she seemed. For decades, she has been her own home, packing and unpacking wherever she must. It seemed impossible.
It was nice to visit. Life has been a roller coaster since my move last summer. I’ve been waiting for some tranquility, for a few moments to be who I was, to do what I did. It’s funny that it took a visit back home to make that happen.

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario